Tsum Valley Trek is one of the most remote trekking routes in Nepal. This trek will take you to the popular majestic Himalayas namely Manaslu (8163m), Ganesh Himal (7422m), Sringi Himal and Boudha Himal.
You will start this trek after driving to Soti Khola, a small bazaar. The Trail follows through the Budigandaki river, local villages, suspension bridge, and lush forest. After reaching to Lokpa, we can visit Monasteries holding authentic arts, cave and famous Tsum Valley.
The major inhabitants of Tsum valley are influenced by Tibetan origin. From this valley, we can view incredible mountains, wildlife, the local community, natural waterfall and lots more.
Trekking to Tsum Valley is easy because trek routes don’t have high passes like Manaslu Circuit Trek. It also offers an opportunity to celebrate local festival named Lhosar, and Dhachyang (Horse festival).
Similar to Manaslu Circuit Trek, this trek is also situated in a restricted region of Nepal. Choosing this trek will allow you to experience Tsum Valley, its Buddhist culture, festivals, people and religion.
Adventure, as well as a nature lover, will definitely love this Tsum Valley Trek which leaves an unforgettable memory.
Best time for Tsum Valley trek is Spring (March to May) and Autumn (September to November). In this month or time, the weather is very clear with blue sky and bearable temperature. Due to this surrounding, you can view crystal clear mountains from Tsum Valley.
Trip Highlights of Tsum Valley Trek:
- View Ganesh Himal, Sringi Himal, Boudha Himal and Himal Chuli which are a beauty beyond description
- Famous caves where Guru Rinpoche and Milarepa visited for mediation
- Pilgrimage site: Tsum Valley adds the charm with its traditional Buddhist cum Tibetan culture
- Traditional lifestyle untouched by the modernity
- The route passes through Ancient monasteries and Buddhist Mane wall
- Challenging side trip in off the beaten trail to Ganesh Himal Base Camp
- Wildlife: Himalayan Thar, Blue Sheep, Leopard, and other more than 100 animal species
Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek Permit Cost
For Tsum Valley Manaslu Trek, you need four different trekking permits with a minimum of two travelers. It must be applied from authorized trekking agency.
Permit cost depending on two different seasons:
1. Manaslu Restricted Permit Cost:
- During September to November: USD 70 for the first seven days and USD 10 for each additional days
- From December to August: USD 50 for the first seven days and USD 7 for each additional days
2. Manaslu Conservation Area Permit (MCAP) Cost:
- MCAP Entry Fee for SAARC: NPR 1000 per person (Including Govt. Tax)
- MCAP Entry Fee for other nationals: NPR 3000 per person (Including Govt. Tax)
3. Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP) Cost:
- ACAP Entry Fee for SAARC: NPR 1000 per person (Including Govt. Tax)
- ACAP Entry Fee for other nationals: NPR 3000 per person (Including Govt. Tax)
4. Tsum Valley Permit Cost
- USD 35 for per person (1 week)
If you are planning to come as a solo. We will match up with other travelers. For that, contact us via email.
Take a Look: Manaslu Circuit Trek – 14 Days Itinerary