Panchase trek is popular trekking destination under the category of short and easy treks in Nepal. Trek route is quite easy and perfect for families, yoga lovers, and solo travelers who just want to enjoy the nature at short walking hours.
Due to the popularity of being the best viewpoint to watch Annapurna ranges compared to other popular trekking destination. Most of the travelers select this trek to an alternate to Dhampus Sarangkot Trek, The Royal Trek, and Ghorepani Poonhill Trek.
Trek will start by crossing a Phewa Lake via boat ride. Then, hike to World Peace Pagoda (1050m) which is just an hour walk from Phew lake. You can enjoy the peaceful environment that stupa offers. After relaxing a bit, our real adventure to nature begins from Bumdi village. For foods and accommodation, Bumdi village (1560m) provides basic teahouse as well as local homestay facilities.
In the best season, you can play hide and seek with the mountains because as we go to higher elevations, views of the mountain are much better. Later, for a treat, we will explore the viewpoint of Panchase Peak (2500m) which present a panoramic view of popular mountains such as; Mt. Lamjung, Mt. Gangapurna, Mt. Machhapucchare, Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Annapurna I, Mt. Annapurna II, Mt. Annapurna South, other Annapurna Ranges and Mt. Manaslu.
Panchase Trek: Options
At the end of Panchase trek, you have following options to reach Pokhara (820m) from Sarangkot (1560m):
- Walk all the way to Pokhara which takes around two hours
- Take a half an hour drive to reach Pokhara via local taxi
- One of the things to do in Pokhara among the most of the adventure lover is Paragliding (20 minutes flight) from Sarangkot to Phewa Lake
Panchase Trek: Highlights
- Also knowns as Pokhara view trek
- Best viewpoint to watch Annapurna range from Panchase Peak summit (2500m)
- Mesmerizing views of Phewa Tal and Pokhara valley
- Uninterrupted view of Mt. Lamjung, Mt. Gangapurna, Mt. Machhapucchare, Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Annapurna I, Mt. Annapurna II, Mt. Annapurna South, other Annapurna Ranges and Mt. Manaslu
- Experience the Local village named Bumdi, inhabits ethnic Gurung and Brahman people
- Watch blooming of Nepal’s national flower; Rhododendron in the spring season
- Different flora and fauna
- The best place to watch different species of bird and wildlife
Panchase Trek: Best Season
- Spring (March to May)
- Autumn (September to November)
- Winter (December to February)
Panchase Trek: Permits Cost
- ACAP Permit: USD 23 per person
- TIMS Card: USD 10 per person
Following Panchase Trek itinerary includes your arrival and departure days. If you wish to book the hotel in Kathmandu yourself and just to book the trek package only. Feel free to contact us. We are always open for your customized itinerary as per your requirement.