Muktinath Tour by Helicopter
Muktinath tour by helicopter will take you to a Hindu and Buddhist sacred place named Muktinath (3710m) located in Muktinath Valley in Mustang, Nepal. The total flight duration from Kathmandu to Muktinath to Kathmandu is 4 hours.
Why visit Muktinath Temple?
- In Hindu culture, Muktinath Temple is only the devotee place to get Moksha. Moksha means release from the cycle of rebirth impelled by the law of karma. Hence, Muktinath is called Mukti Kshetra, which literally means the “place of liberation or moksha”.
- This temple is considered to be 106th among the available 108 Divya Desam (premium temples)
- Muktinath Temple is also considered to be one of the 24th Tantric places in the Tibetan Buddhist faith.
- Many Shaligrams (Ammonite) can be found around Muktinath temple premises. According to Hindu Myth lord Vishnu turned into Shaligram because of Brinda’s Curse.This Shaligrams are considered by Hindu as the incarnation of Lord Vishnu and later worship at home.
Kathmandu to Muktinath Helicopter Cost
Normally, one helicopter can take maximum 5 persons. The private helicopter charter cost for 5 persons is USD 5000.
But, if you are less than 5. Then, we will arrange a helicopter on sharing basis where the helicopter fare will be USD 999 per person from Kathmandu to Muktinath and back to Kathmandu.
Horse Ride to Muktinath Temple
The private helicopter lands at 800m far from the Muktinath temple. If you can’t walk around 15 – 20 minutes, then there is an alternative option i.e Horse Ride to Muktinath Temple. The cost for horse ride is around USD 5 one way. There are lots of horses that you can find a ride to Muktinath temple.
Muktinath Tour Permit Costs
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) Fee: Rs.260 (SAARC Countries)
- TIMS Card: Rs.300 ((SAARC Countries)
Muktinath Tour Total Flight Duration
- Kathmandu to Muktinath: Approx. 2 hours flight
- Helicopter waiting time: Approx. 1 hours
- Muktinath to Kathmandu: Approx. 2 hours flight
Muktinath Tour: Best Season
- March to May
- September to November
Above are the best season for Muktinath Tour. You can also visit in rest of month. But, at that time, the weather is monsoon (June to August) which can impact your tour. Whereas from December to February is quite cold and lots of snowfall around Muktinath Temple.
Necessary documents needed for Muktinath Tour by Helicopter
- Original Passport Copy for Permit and Helicopter Flight (Compulsorily Required)
- 2 passport photo
What to wear?
- Warm clothes such as; Down-jacket, Hats, Gloves, and Trousers
What else should you bring?
- Puja Samagri; Incense, Flower, Abir, Kesari, Coconut, and others
- Empty Bottle (for Jal)
- Bottle full of water
If you have any confusion regarding Muktinath Tour by helicopter or via overland. Then, leave us your inquiry which is at the right corner. Our customer support team will get back to you as soon as possible.