Mountain flight is a convenient mode to watch Nepali Himalayan peaks. Most flights are in mornings and operate at all times except in the monsoon seasons of June, July & August. Aeroplanes fly along the Himalayan range and also beyond for passengers to get a good view of the Himalayan range. All the domestic airlines of Nepal offer various forms of mountain flights.
The flight takes you within camera range of some of the highest peaks in the world, and cruising this close to the awe-inspiring massifs of rock and ice is an out-of-this-world experience.
A few domestic airlines offer mountain flight from Kathmandu to see Mt. Everest. This unique experience gives visitors a quick glance at Nepal’s untamed landscapes and a fly-past through the world’s tallest peak.
The aircraft takes off and heads eastward and almost immediately the peaks come into view. The first peak that appears on your horizon is the majestic Gosaikunda, also called Shisha Pangma, standing at a height of 8,013m. To its right appears Dorje Lhakpa (6,966m), looking like a massive figure of eight lying prone and covered in snow. To its right is Phurbi Chyachu, which looms over the Kathmandu valley.
MOUNTAIN FLIGHT SEASON
- Dec, Jan & Feb – Winter Season – Clear but late flight always due to fog.
- March, April & May – Spring Season – Best & Crystal Clear Mt Views
- June, July & August – Monsoon Season – Bit Cloudy & Hazy
- Sep, Oct & Nov – Autumn Season – Best Mountain View Season
- First Flight / Every day – 6:30 AM
- Second Flight / Every day – 7:30 AM
- Third Flight / Every day – 8:30 AM