Mardi Himal Trek blog will describe its highlights, altitude, expected weather, map and most asked topics by travelers such as:
- What is the cost of Mardi Himal Trek for 5 Days?
- Do you have a picture of Mardi Himal Trek?
- What other travelers have to review about Mardi Himal Trek?
Mardi Himal Trek is a secret gem of Annapurna Region. Though, Mardi Hima Trek route is located in the most popular destination. This route has been in shadow stage and has not been popular like other routes in Annapurna Conservation Area; Annapurna Base Camp Trek, Annapurna Circuit Trek, Ghorepani Poonhill Trek and others. But, this trek route worth your time.
Table of Contents
Mardi Himal Trek, the trail starts from the very beautiful lakeside city – Pokhara. Major attractions of Pokhara are
- Boating in Phewa Lake,
- Enjoying the views from Peace Stupa and a lot more.
- Mardi Himal Trek route goes through the pine, juniper and rhododendron forest, and the Rivers. The route takes us to steeply down to the upper Mardi Khola.
- The journey of Mardi Himal Trek ascends through the dense forest.
- Mardi Himal trek route offers mesmerizing Himalaya scenery including the Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Annapurna Ranges, and Mt. Hiunchuli, Mt. Fishtail (In Nepali, Machhapuchhare), etc.
Mardi Himal Trek Pictures
5 Days Itinerary to Mardi Himal Trekking
Day 1: Drive from Pokhara to Kande and Trek to Forest Camp (2500)
Day 2: Trek from Forest Camp to High Camp (3580m)
Day 3: Explore around High Camp and back to Low Camp (3150 m)
Day 4: Trek from Low Camp to Siding Village (1280m)
Day 5: Trek from Siding Village to Milan Chowk and Drive to Pokhara
What is the maximum altitude in Mardi Himal Trek?
Destination locating in higher altitude – Low Camp (3150m), High Camp (4100m) and Mardi Himal Base Camp (4500m)
Best seasons for Mardi Himal Trek are Autumn (September to November) and Spring (March to May). On this season, the weather is sunny and warm with an outstanding view of Himalaya Ranges. Summer or Monsoon seasons starts from June to August, which will be affected by rain.
Mardi Himal Trek Route Map
Mardi Himal Trek Cost (Private)
With the total cost of USD 350, it covers major expenses such as airport pickup & drop, 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara, Teahouse accommodation during the trek, All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek, All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary, Ticket of Tourist Bus (Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu), An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader, Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter), All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (ACAP, TIMS).
Now, let’s come to the final point. Why should Mardi Himal Trek be on your travel bucket list?
- Trekking trails which can be completed within 5 or 6 days and fits among all types of beginner trekkers’ (without having any trekking experience)
- The trekking route is natural on its way and less commercialized
- An Uninterrupted view of Annapurna South (7,219m), Hiunchuli (6,441), Annapurna I (8,091m), Khangsar Kang (7,485m), Gangapurna (7,454m), Machhapuchhre (6,993m) and Mardi Himal (5,553)
If you are looking to explore a hidden gem in the less trekked destination then without any doubt Mardi Himal Trek trek is the one which you won’t feel regret putting on your travel bucket list.
If you find above Mardi Himal Trek blog useful. Don’t forget to share with your friends. Also, you can contact us to organize a trek as a private.