Langtang Valley Trek is one of the popular trekking routes in Nepal. Most of the travelers plan this trek due to short duration (8 days) and reach the highest destination – Tserko Ri (5000m). Trekkers will find this route quite surprising because every day you will discover different landscapes, forest, waterfall, and of course wonderful mountains.
- 1 What to Expect from Langtang Valley Trek?
- 2 Langtang Valley Trek: Itinerary
- 3 Langtang Valley Trek: Best Season
- 4 Langtang Valley Trek: Permit Cost
- 5 Langtang Valley Trek: Altitude
- 6 Langtang Valley Trek: Map
- 7 Langtang Valley Trek: Food & Accommodations
- 8 Langtang Valley Trek: Private Cost
- 9 How difficult is Langtang Valley Trek?
- 10 Langtang Valley Trek: Clothing and Gears
What to Expect from Langtang Valley Trek?
- Kyangjin Gompa; Old Monastery in Langtang Region
- Tserko Ri (5000m); the Highest Altitude that you can reach
- Wild Animals; Snow Leopard, Black Beer, Musk Deer, Wild Boar and Rare Animals (Red Panda)
- Wonderful Mountains; Langtang Lirung, Sisa Pangma, Dorje Lakpa, Gang Chhenpo, Naya Kanga, Surya Peak and close up view of Yala Peak
- Langtang National Park
- Experience the local Tamang community
- Local Yak cheese factory located in Kyangjin and Sing Gompa
Langtang Valley Trek: Itinerary
|1||Drive to Syabrubesi||1550|
|2||Trek to Lama Hotel||2380|
|3||Trek to Langtang Village||3200|
|4||Trek to Kyangjin Gompa||3870|
|5||Explore Kyangjin Ri / Tserko Ri||4500 / 5000|
|6||Trek to Lama Hotel||2380|
|7||Trek to Syabrubesi||1550|
|8||Drive to Kathmandu||1320|
Langtang Valley Trek: Best Season
- Spring (March, April, May): You can see the national flower of Nepal rhododendron, green forest, best mountain view
- Autumn (September, October, November): You can enjoy green forest as well as the best mountain view
Beside above best season, the monsoon is also fine but it’s a rainy season. You should have a raincoat. Be careful from the leech. This season is most preferable for nature photographers who like flora and fauna, green forest, river, waterfalls and many more. Whereas in the winter season, you can view the mountain but the weather is very cold ( should wear warm clothes). And, the Trekking trail is quite icy and slippery.
Langtang Valley Trek: Permit Cost
For Langtang valley trek, you need following permits:
- Langtang National Park – USD 34 per person
- TIMS Card: USD 20 per person (For Free Individual Trekkers’)
- TIMS Card: USD 10 per person (For Authorized Trekking Agency)
Langtang Valley Trek: Altitude
The maximum altitude that you can reach in whole Langtang Valley Trek is Tserko Ri which stands at 5000m. In an exploration day, most of the trekkers head to Kyangin Ri (4500m) where you can get the panoramic view of amazing mountains include; Langtang Lirung (7234m) right in front of you. For that, you will have to walk 3-4 hours from Kyangjin Gompa.
Whereas, few physically fit trekkers (7-8 hours roundtrip) prefers to go for Tserko Ri because of the highest altitude and wonderful 360-degree view of Mountains and Peak which includes; Langtang Lirung, Sisa Pangma, Dorje Lakpa, Gang Chhenpo, Naya Kanga, Surya Peak and close up view of Yala Peak.
Langtang Valley Trek: Map
Langtang Valley Trek: Food & Accommodations
During this trek, meat is only available in Syabrubensi. After that, you will get fresh yak cheese, eggs, and tuna fish instead of meat. If you get some time, don’t forget to check out Yak Cheese Factory located in Kyangjin and Sing Gomba.
You will find following food items during trek:
- Breakfast: Tibetan Bread or Toast, Hash brown potato, eggs of any style
- Lunch & Dinner: Nepali Dhal Bhat, Pizza, Chowmein, Mo: Mo, Thukpa, Fried Potato, Fried Rice etc.
Throughout the trek, you will be staying in a Tea House. It is a simple guest house which has a normal bedroom on twin sharing basis and big dining room. If you are wondering, how the teahouse looks like. Then, have a look at the following pictures of the bedroom, kitchen, and dining room:
Langtang Valley Trek: Private Cost
- Wifi: USD 6 (200mb Data)
- Water: USD 1 – 4 per liter
- Hard Drinks: USD 5 – 7 per bottle
- Energy bar (Snickers): USD 3 – 5
How difficult is Langtang Valley Trek?
For Langtang Valley Trek, you will have to walk 5-6 hours daily which includes; uphill and downhill. With that normal pace, you will easily reach to Kyangjin Gompa. But, to reach above Kyangjin, you should walk 7-8 hours round trip. Langtang valley trek can be comfortably completed by every level of trekkers. No matter if you are a beginner. Just you need to have a courage and willing power to complete it.
Langtang Valley Trek: Clothing and Gears
Langtang region was vastly affected by the April 2015 earthquake and most of the trekking trails were blocked by a landslide. Nevertheless, due to the active participation of the local community, governmental as well as non-governmental organization, the rebuilding process has been successfully implemented. It’s glad to share that the Langtang Valley Trek is officially open after an earthquake.
Now, you can find better teahouse than before, watch the local hydropower project, and share pictures using high-speed internet connection. Trekking to Langtang Valley will not only provide an opportunity to view amazing mountains but also contribute to the local Tamang community for the living.