Trip Highlights of Island Peak Base Camp Trek:
- Lifetime experiences in Island Peak summit (6189m)
- View of Mt. Everest, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Lhotse where all these mountains stand above 8000m
- View mesmerizing mountains and peaks from Kalapathar (5545m)
- Khumbu Glacier: the highest glacier in the world
- Imja Tse lake
- Observe lifestyle of Sherpa community
- Visit ancient monasteries including oldest monasteries in Tengboche (3876m)
Island Peak Base Camp Trek
Island peak base camp trek is the combination of popular trekking with peak climbing in Nepal; Everest Base Camp Trek and Island Peak Climbing. Both trekking and peak climbing is situated in Sagarmatha National Park of the Himalayas of eastern Nepal.
Island Peak (6,189m/20,305ft) is one of the main climbing peaks in the Everest Region of Nepal with an impressive and highly glaciated West Face that rises from the Lhotse Glacier. The peak was named Island Peak in 1951 by Eric Shipton’s party since it appears as an island in a sea of ice when viewed from Dingboche. It is designed for energetic and physically fit trekkers with little or no experience in mountain expedition.
Our first trekking stop is Everest Base Camp and then we will get ready to climb Island Peak. All required trekking gears and types of equipment will be provided to climbers.
Foods & Accommodation:
- 16 – Nights Teahouse accommodation during the Island peak base camp Trek
- 16 – Breakfast, 15 – Lunch, and 15 – Dinner during the Island peak base camp Trek
- 3 Nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed and Breakfast Basis
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu
- Spring (March to May)
- Autumn (September to November)
- List of trekking gears can be found HERE.
For a customized itinerary of Island peak base Camp trek, kindly leave us your requirements in the inquiry form. Our customer support team will get back to you shortly.
Note: You can also rent trekking gears in Kathmandu