Launched in January 2017, Dhaulagiri Sanctuary Trek is a newly discovered trekking trail in Nepal. This virgin trek offers the shortest route to reach the highest point of Dhaulagiri Sanctuary Trek i.e. Dhaulagiri South Base Camp (4050m). Trekking starts from Beni Bazar (830m) which is the junction of holy popular Kaligandaki River and gigantic Beni Khola. This main junction used to be the trade center between Nepal and Tibet.
This trek route requires a good level of physical fitness at higher altitude (above 2500m) due to its moderate level of trek difficulty. Whereas trekking in lower elevation (below 2500m) is quite easy.
So, trekkers who are looking to trek off the beaten path must choose Dhaulagiri Sanctuary Trek for experiencing the raw of the remote and untouched village of Magar community.
Dhaulagiri Sanctuary Trek: Highlights
- Amazing mountain view of Dhaulagiri; Seventh Highest mountain in the world (8167m), Annapurna I; Tenth highest mountain in the world (8091m), Annapurna South (7219m), Hiunchuli (6441m), Nilgiri (7061m), Churen Himal (7385m) and Gurja Himal (7193m)
- The shortest route to reach Dhaulagiri South Base camp (4050m)
- Rich in Natural and Cultural attractions
- Flora and Fauna
- Wild Animals; Himalayan Thar, Deer, fox, leopard
- Different species of bird
- Understanding of a culture, custom, tradition, and living of Magar community in a local village
Dhaulagiri Sanctuary Trek: Best Season
- Spring (March to May)
- Autumn (September to November)
Dhaulagiri Sanctuary Trek: Foods & Accommodation
Mount Mania team will organize the camp including food and accommodation for you. We will arrange everything from well-trained cook and kitchen staff, experienced trekking guide, Sherpa, to porter for Dhaulagiri Sanctuary Trek
Following Dhaulagiri Sanctuary Trek itinerary includes your arrival and departure days. If you wish to book the hotel in Kathmandu yourself and just to book the trek package only. Feel free to contact us. We are always open for your customized itinerary and program as per your requirement.