Annapurna Circuit Trek 10 Days blog post will provide in-depth information about its trekking routes, the best time to trek, map, and total cost. In addition to, you will get an overall knowledge of how teahouse accommodation looks like, what kinds of foods for breakfast, lunch & dinner are available and a list of frequently asked questions.
Table of Contents
Annapurna Circuit Trek 10 Days
Annapurna Circuit Trek is one of the spectacular trekking regions. During the trek, you will not only get an opportunity to experience amazing trekking trail but also view Natural Hot springs, Green fertile terrain and Amazing landscapes which show wide view angle of lakes, mountains, glaciers and not to miss stunning waterfalls.
One of the important facts about Annapurna Circuit Trek is that it was first opened for tourism in 1980 and since then the Annapurna region trekking has been recognized as one of the world’s best trekking trails according to a survey conducted by Modern Maturity (USA).
Annapurna Circuit Trek (ACT) is one of the popular trekking routes, you can experience all kinds of terrain from hilly to mountains, local culture, flora, and fauna. Starting from Besishar (760m), you can reach the highest point, Thorong La Pass (5416m) which is one of the uniqueness of this trek.
Annapurna Circuit Trek Highlights
- Fantastic views of the Himalayan peaks: Annapurna I, II, III, IV, Dhaulagiri (the spectacular ice pyramid), Machhapuchhre (Fish Tail), including others mountain ranges
- Thorong-La Pass: the Famous viewpoint in the Annapurna region and the highest point on the Annapurna Circuit and also considered as one of the widest passes in the world
- Tilicho Lake: situated at the highest altitude (4,919m) in the world and the Kali Gandaki Gorge or Andha Galchi (between the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna), the deepest canyon in the world
- Discover old monasteries situated in Braga
- Rhododendron Forests has more than 440 species of birds and animals like Marten, Deer, Langur Monkey and the exclusive Snow Leopard
- The Muktinath Temple: one of the most important shrines of both Hindus and Buddhists.
- Natural Hot Spring at Tatopani to relax your tired muscles
- View Sunrise and Sunset from Thorong La pass
- Experience the rich cultural ethnic community: Gurung and Thakali settlements in place such as Jomsom, and Manang
Annapurna Circuit Trek 10 Days: Itinerary
Day 1: Drive from Kathmandu to Dharapani (1960m): 6 – 7 hours
Day 2: Dharapani to Chame (2,710m): 5 – 6 hours
Day 3: Chame to Pisang (3,300m): 5 – 6 hours
Day 4: Pisang to Manang via Nawal: 6 – 7 hours
Day 5: Day Hike around Manang
Day 6: Manang to Yak Kharka (4,110m): 3 – 4 hours
Day 7: Yak Kharka to Thorong High Camp (4,800m): 3 – 4 hours
Day 8: Thorong High Camp to Muktinath (3,800m) via Thorong La pass (5416m): 5 – 6 hours. Drive to Jomsom (2700m)
Day 9: Early morning flight to Pokhara (820m)
Day 10: Drive to Kathmandu (1320m)
Annapurna Circuit Trek Best Time
Annapurna Circuit Trek can be prepared at any time of the year. But, if you are looking for the best seasons, Autumn (October, November, Mid December) and Spring (February, March, April) are the two best seasons to trek. These are the high seasons where lots of trekkers can be discovered along the way. Most of the teahouses are packed. Weather is perfect. It doesn’t mean you can’t trek Annapurna Circuit Trek in Monsoon.
Annapurna Circuit Trekking in Monsoon season (June, July, August) has its own unique features. After we cross the Chame, trek route starts around the rainshadow area where there will be light rain that can be overcome easily. The view that you can see in the Monsoon is totally amazing. Trek route is less crowd. You will easily find accommodations in trekking region. Trekkers who love to trek in a pleasant atmosphere and enjoy the best time around Mountains. Then, Monsoon is the best time and season to go for Annapurna Circuit Trek 10 days.
Annapurna Circuit Trek Map
Annapurna Circuit Trek Cost
If you search in online, you will find the different cost for Annapurna Circuit Trek 10 days. Before revealing the cost. Let us find the what that total cost should cover.
- Have you checked the food and accommodations in Kathmandu and Pokhara?
- Does your Annapurna Circuit Trek cost include both Guides and Porters?
- What about the food and accommodations during the trek?
- Check whether that cost includes all ground transportation and flight according to the itinerary?
- All necessary Trekking Permits for Annapurna Circuit Trek?
USD 790 Per Person: Includes full board package; Guide, Porter, Trekking Permits, All ground Transportation, Fly to Jomsom to Pokhara, Food & Accommodation during the trek, One-night hotel in Pokhara
USD 550 Per Person: Includes Guide, Porter, Trekking Permits, All ground Transportation and Fly to Jomsom to Pokhara
Note: Above cost is on twin sharing basis. Minimum of two trekkers is required to book. If you are planning to come alone, then contact us for requesting the cost.
Annapurna Circuit Trek Permits
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) Card: USD 10 only if you with authorized trekking agency else USD 20 per person
- Annapurna Conversation Area Project (ACAP) Fee: USD 23 Per Person
Top 5 Frequently Asked Questions about Annapurna Circuit Trek 10 days
Q1. How difficult is to complete Annapurna Circuit Trek 10 days?
A. Annapurna Circuit Trek is a moderate trek. If you have a good hiking experience, who can walk around 5-6 hours daily. Then, it’s not that difficult what you are thinking. Normally, the trek route ascends gradually and passes through the dense forest. Giving a general idea about trekking path, it has rock steps, ascends and descends fully of loose rocks. On the way, you will have to pass the route by crossing the wooden as well as the suspension bridge.
Tips: After 3000m, try to pass only 400m per day for acclimatization
Q2. Is it possible to trek Annapurna Circuit independently?
A. Yes, it’s possible to trek Annapurna Circuit independently. But, it depends on your hiking experience, fitness, knowledge about the trek route, and which season you are trekking. If you plan the trekking in peak season, you will meet with lots of trekkers. At that time, you will find difficult to find the teahouse accommodation during a trek.
Whereas, in low season, you will find very few trekkers. Getting a teahouse accommodation is not a challenging in the off-season. But, a trail can be confusing around the pass which you may get lost. You won’t find any hassle while trekking independently. It is up to your choice in which season you want to start.
If you want to organize the trip by professional trekking agency. You can contact us
Q3. How is the food and accommodations during the trek?
A. If it’s your first time trekking in Nepal. Then, ‘teahouse accommodation’ may sound different to you. It is basically a guest house, where they serve food as well as offer a normal accommodation on twin sharing basis. You don’t need to carry your own food, tent, and cooking utensils while trekking. Everything will be taken care of by a teahouse owner.
In the Annapurna region, you will find an improved teahouse which has western style bathroom, guest room with attached toilet, and a shower.
Q5. What are the extra personal expenses that are needed during trekking?
A. Extra personal expenses that you need to separate from total trekking cost during trekking are:
- Wifi: Rs.200 – Rs.400 per day
- Safe Drinking Water: Rs.80 – Rs.200 per liter (Min. 3-4 liter while trekking)
- Hot Shower: Rs.100 – Rs.300 per head (Take 5-10 min)
- Battery Recharge: Rs.100 – Rs.300 for the full charge per device
- Hot spring entrance fee: Rs.100 per head
- Kerosene Heater Cost: Rs.250 – Rs.350 per head (Min. 5 people)
- Toilet Paper: Rs.150 – Rs.300 per roll
- Drinks Cost (Hard & Soft): Beer – Rs.600 per bottle, Coke, and other soft drinks – Rs.200 – Rs.400
- Chocolates cost: Sneakers, Mars, Twix, and other costs: Rs.150 – Rs.350 per pcs
Q5. Do I need guide and porter for Annapurna Circuit Trek 10 days?
A. Without guide and porter also you can do the trek to Annapurna Circuit. But, before that, we would advise you to have some knowledge about the trekking route, food, and accommodation during the trek. There is numerous advantage of taking a guide and porter with you while trekking. Some are:
- A guide will provide all the trekking route information, local culture, tradition, and lifestyle
- While selecting the food and accommodation, a guide will help you to find the best one depending on your next trekking destination
- Some trekkers may get attacked with Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS) and other natural calamities. In that case, a guide will coordinate with local people and do best to evacuate from that condition
- Porter will help to carry all your belongingness. They will solve your burden of carrying your things
It’s always a good idea to take a guide and porter for the success of your trek.
BONUS: Trekking Checklist
- Trekking Poles
- Camera with battery
- Phone & Cord
- Sleeping bag, pillowcase
- Plug adapter with built-in USB ports
- Water bottle, headlamp
- Pack rain cover
- Passport and permits
- Hiking Pants (1 pair)
- Long sleeve shirt (1)
- Short sleeve shirt (1)
- Socks (2 pairs)
- Comfortable and warm pants (1 pair)
- Down Jacket (1)
- Warm hat (1)
- Sun hat
- Hiking boots
In nutshell, the Annapurna circuit trek is one of the most geographically and culturally diverse regions for trekking. Therefore, don’t miss out the Annapurna circuit trek 10 days on your next trip to Nepal.
If you need any other support besides the above information. Then, you can contact us directly. You are just one email away. We will do our best to answer your queries. Happy Vacation!