Annapurna Base Camp Trek blog will help to provide experts answers to Top 10 frequently asked questions – How difficult is Annapurna Base Camp Trek? or What is the best season for ABC Trek?
Table of Contents
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Blog
Annapurna Base Camp Trek which is also known as ABC Trek and Annapurna Sanctuary Trek. It is one of the most popular and admired trekking destinations in the world. It has diverse landscape, rich culture fabulous mountain vistas, terraced fields, charming Gurung villages and a wide variety of flora and fauna.
ABC Trek provides travelers a spectacular full-view of Annapurna range. Close-up view of Machhapuchhre, Hiunchuli, Dhaulagiri, and Manaslu. ABC stands at the height of 4130m which is the highest point in Annapurna Base Camp Trek.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival at Tribhuvan Int’l Airport, Kathmandu and transfer to hotel on Bed & Breakfast basis
Day 2: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara and overnight at Pokhara on Bed & Breakfast basis
Day 3: Drive from Pokhara to Nayapul by Private vehicle and Trek to Thikedunga (1530 m) – 4 hours walking. Overnight at Teahouse on Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner basis
Day 4: Trek to Ghorepani (2860 m) 6 to 7 hours of total walking. Overnight at Teahouse on Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner basis
Day 5: Early Morning Sunrise View for Poon Hill (3210 m) and Trek to Tadapani (2660 m) 6 to 7 hours walking. Overnight at Teahouse on Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner basis
Day 6: Trek to Sinuwa (2360 m) 6 to 7 hours walking. Overnight at Teahouse on Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner basis
Day 7: Trek to Deurali (3230 m) 7 hours walking. Overnight at Teahouse on Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner basis
Day 8: Annapurna Base Camp (4,130 m) 5 hours walking. Overnight at Teahouse on Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner basis
Day 9: Early morning nice view of Annapurna I (8091m), and Sunrise from Mt. Machhapuchre (6993 m) also magnificent Himalayan panorama and many others, then trek back to Bambo. Overnight at Teahouse on Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner basis
Day 10: Trek to Jhinu (1780 m) 4 hours walking and enjoy at Natural Hot spring. Overnight at Teahouse on Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner basis
Day 11: Trek back to Nayapul (1,050 m) 4 hours walking and then head to Pokhara by private vehicle. Overnight at Teahouse on Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner basis
Day 12: Drive back to Kathmandu by A/C Deluxe Tourist bus. Overnight at Hotel on Bed & Breakfast basis. Evening Farewell dinner
Day 13: Departure from your Hotel to Airport
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Map
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Cost
- Wifi: Rs.200 – Rs.400 per day
- Safe Drinking Water: Rs.80 – Rs.200 per liter (Min. 3-4 liter while trekking)
- Hot Shower: Rs.100 – Rs.300 per head (Take 5-10 min)
- Battery Recharge: Rs.100 – Rs.300 for the full charge per device
- Hot spring entrance fee: Rs.100 per head
- Kerosene Heater Cost: Rs.250 – Rs.350 per head (Min. 5 people)
- Accommodation & Meals cost: Approx. Rs.3000 per day
- Drinks Cost (Hard & Soft): Beer – Rs.600 per bottle, Coke, and other soft drinks – Rs.200 – Rs.400
- Chocolates cost: Sneakers, Mars, Twix, and other costs: Rs.150 – Rs.350 per pcs
Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We collected the list of questions on the basis of traveler emails that we received often before booking ABC Trek. To answer them, we asked Professional Trekking Guide, Mr. Binod Nepal, who is an experienced trekking guide in Nepal, has traveled to the most part of the trekking region in Nepal and has sound knowledge of Trekking Routes, Teahouse Accommodation and Majestic Mountains.
1. How physically fit do you need for Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) Trek?
– For Annapurna Base Camp Trek, you don’t need an advanced level of trek experience. Just enough with basic skills; walking minimum 3-4 hours per day which includes major long step stairs located in Tikhedunga to Ulleri (3200 continue stairs = Approx. 500m), Choomrong to Lower Sinuwa (2200 continue stairs = Approx. 300m), other stairs are around 20 minutes to half an hour.
2. What is the elevation of the Annapurna Base Camp in Nepal?
– The elevation of the Annapurna Base Camp is 4130m (ABC). But, if you go for a day hike around ABC. Then, maximum altitude you can ascend is 4300m.
3. Can we customize the Annapurna Base Camp Trek?
– Yes, you can customize the Annapurna Base Camp Trek. It can be customized according to your physical fitness, duration, and weather. Customize your trek now.
4. What actually is Teahouse accommodation during Annapurna Base Camp Trek?
– Teahouse accommodation is a basic hotel where its facilities depend on the trek location. For instance, Teahouse around Ghorepani poon hill have a hot shower in a private bathroom and room are mostly on twin sharing basis, also you can get a single room if you want. Whereas accommodation around Annapurna base camp, have a single room where there are 4-6 beds on sharing. Hot shower, and bathroom on sharing basis. One Dining Hall for lunch and dinner. Especially in the winter season; the dining hall is equipped with a kerosene heater to make you warm.
5. Is the water safe to drink while trek?
– During the Annapurna Sanctuary trek (ABC), you don’t find a bottle of mineral water. Instead, you have to refill safe drinking water which is available in each and every teahouse around the Annapurna region. Safe drinking water is 100% safe to drink. Safe Drinking water is maintained by a local committee which mainly looks after the cleanliness of the water. It will be better to have one spare of an empty bottle while refilling the water. You can also bring water purifying tablets for safe drinking water which helps to save the cost.
6. Do I need Travel Insurance while trekking?
– Depends on your health condition (altitude sickness), weather condition. You need a travel insurance to get a rescue from unforeseen circumstances.
7. What sort of trekking gears and clothing are required?
– Check the list of trekking gears and clothing HERE.
8. Is there any ATM or POS machine around trek for withdrawing the money?
– No. Everything should be in cash. You have to pre-plan the budget for personal expenses.
9. What is the best season for ABC trek?
– Mar, Apr, May (Spring): You can see the national flower of Nepal rhododendron, green forest, best mountain view
– Sept, Oct, nov, (Autumn): You can view green forest as well as the best mountain view
– Rest of the month: Monsoon is also fine but it’s a rainy season, you should have a raincoat, be careful from the leech. In this season, most preferable for nature photographers who like flora and fauna, green forest, river, waterfalls and many more
– Winter Season: Even though you can view the mountain but the weather is very cold ( should wear warm clothes). Trekking trail is quite icy.
10. Can I rent some of the gears and equipment in Nepal?
If you didn’t find your questions in above Annapurna Base Camp Trek blog – Top 10 FAQ’s sections. You can leave us your question in comments below. We will get back to you with expert answers from professional trekking guide.
If you think the above information is useful for organizing the trip to Annapurna Base Camp. Then, don’t miss out to share the Annapurna Base Camp Trek blog with your friends.